With recent surges in positive COVID-19 cases locally, in the US, and internationally, Medical Eye Center is re-implementing enhanced screening protocols to ensure our patients’ health and safety. At the beginning of the pandemic, we enforced these measures and have reinstated them now based upon guidance from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and local health and safety officials, in addition to following our current procedures.
These updated precautionary measures include:
• Having patients wait in their cars after checking in.
• Restricting guests by allowing only the patient inside the building, with exceptions for legal guardians, caregivers, and translators.
• Installing stickers on the floor to help everyone maintain a 6 ft. distance from each other.
We are continuing the following procedures:
• Screening every person who enters the building
• Strict enforcement of mask-wearing for all who enter the building
• Disinfecting our facility regularly and thoroughly
• Rescheduling routine appointments with patients displaying viral symptoms
• Implementing special protocols to reduce spread in patients with symptoms
• Increasing air turnover in the building
• Working closely with health experts and monitoring current trends
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
What Should I Do About My Upcoming Appointment?
If you feel unwell and have a routine appointment scheduled with us, please contact us at 541-779-4711, so we may reschedule your appointment to prevent the spread of any possible virus.
If you feel unwell and have an urgent appointment or procedure scheduled due to red-eye symptoms or another unstable condition, please contact us at 541-779-4711 to schedule a remote tech call to evaluate your symptoms.
If you are not ill or have not recently been ill, plan on coming to your appointment as scheduled. One of our staff members will call you before your appointment to confirm that you are still well and able to visit our offices. Please be advised that we will ask you to wait in your car after you check-in.
When Shouldn’t I Come In?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms now or within the past 14 days, please contact us at 541-779-4711 so that we can reschedule your appointment, and if you haven’t done so already, contact your primary physician:
• Sore Throat
• Shortness of Breath
• Body Aches
• A New Symptom of a Red Eye
If you have any questions about the above information or whether or not you should come in for your appointment, please give us a call at 541-779-4711. Medical Eye Center is closely monitoring the news involving COVID-19 and will update you accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding in helping us keep our patients, staff, and community safe.
Medical Eye Center