Under the direct supervision of the Refractive Surgery Coordinator. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, the generation of new leads, patient phone screenings, and scheduling appointments. The Patient Counselor will be responsible for educating the patient on procedures through Zoom or in-office consultations. The Patient Counselor interacts with the following programs: Refractive Surgery, Premium IOL’s, Collagen Crosslinking, and various other Cornea surgeries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone inquiries in an efficient and effective manner.
- Utilize phone scripts.
- Conduct patient consultations via Zoom or in-office with emphasis on converting patients to surgery.
- Make confirmation and reminder calls. Follow-up calls from patient consultations and seminar leads.
- Assist and attend elective surgery seminars and events.
- Track personal conversion rates monthly.
- Interact with patients/family day of the procedure.
- Interacts with referring and co-managing doctor’s offices.
- Well organized and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time quickly and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work closely and effectively with doctors, clinic staff and understanding patient needs.
- Ability to remain personable and empathetic with the patient’s needs and concerns.
- Ability to work independently “and” as a valued member of the team.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients. Listen attentively.
- Ability to follow established protocols.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignments.
- Strong communication skills required to effectively explain laser vision correction, help patients to realize their lifestyle goals, and guide them through a decision-making process.
- Work processing and Computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record, beginning work and end work on time, and minimizes personal interruptions while at work.
- Maintains an up–to–date knowledge of essential job functions.
- Maintains a neat appearance, wears clean uniforms, and displays a current name tag at all times.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and conducts business using the ICARE standards.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with doctors, management, employees, and patients.
- Follows Accountable Communication model as outlines by Medical Eye Center.