We will be resuming non-emergent patient care on May 1, 2020! Here is a letter to our patients.
Dear valued patient,
We are excited to share that we are resuming non-emergent patient care on May 1, in accordance with Governor Kate Brown’s announcement that non-urgent medical and dental care may resume on that date under specific guidelines. Our main concern continues to be the health of our community. In order to comply with the governor’s guidelines and keep our patients and staff as safe as possible, we will continue to follow social distancing rules and properly disinfect our equipment and shared spaces. To do that, we will be functioning at a reduced schedule and asking patients to follow certain procedures. Here’s what that means for you:
- Due to our recent closure to non-emergency visits and our current decreased schedule, it will take us some time to reschedule all cancelled patient visits. Please bear with us as our schedulers work through cancellation lists.
- We are prioritizing rescheduling patients from the date they were cancelled, and also patients who have critical medical needs. If you think your cancelled exam or procedure is urgent, please call us at 541-779-4711 so a provider may address your concerns.
- Please be aware that we’re asking screening questions to everyone who enters the building, taking temperatures, asking all to sanitize or wash their hands upon entry, and requiring all patients to wear masks (we can provide one if necessary). In an effort to minimize the number of patients in the building, please do not bring guests with you to your appointment, unless you need one for physical or cognitive assistance.
- We encourage all patients to call us before coming into the clinic. If you do not feel comfortable having an exam with us in person, we now offer telemedicine visits with our providers. Telemedicine gives you the ability to speak directly with your healthcare provider just as you would in an in-person appointment, but allows both you and your provider to continue social distancing and remain safe (read more about telemedicine here).
- Our Grants Pass office will re-open on Monday, May 11. Please see our Grants Pass office hours and contact information here.
- Renew Medical Spa will open for some medical treatments starting May 1. Please see the Renew website for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please call us at 541-779-4711 and we will do what we can to address your needs. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this difficult time.
Medical Eye Center